Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jonesboro

My mom wanted to go to the Road to Tara Museum when she came to visit before Bobby was born, but I was only a few days away from delivery and I wasn't up for it.  So, we went while she and my dad were visiting this weekend.  We went to the museum, which is in an old train depot, and Scott got to see the tracks up close and watch a train go by from inside the museum.  He was very excited.  We also went on a bus tour of Jonesboro and saw a few houses and heard stories of people and events that inspired Margaret Mitchell to write Gone With the Wind. My boys were not very interested, but they were good sports, and I had some veggie straws to keep them quiet.  We were the only ones on the tour, so I wasn't worried about them ruining the experience for strangers, which was a great relief for me.  We also got out and walked around at a Confederate cemetery and at the Jonesboro History Center.  On our way out of the history center, they had some hats to try on, and I couldn't resist.  By the time the tour was over it was way past lunchtime, so we went to Chick-fil-A, whose owner lives in Jonesboro.  This particular restaurant is also called "The Dwarf House" with a section where you can sit down and have a waitress bring your food.  Isn't Scotty cute opening the little door?  We had a fun day and the kids did amazingly well!





















No comments: