Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Drive to Santa Fe

This is what we saw on our drive to Santa Fe. I was surprised how much more variety there was between Provo and Santa Fe than there is between Provo and Boise or Pocatello. I was pleasantly surprised. I was driving the first day, however, and Matt was not as pleased that I liked the scenery so much because I kept telling him to take pictures. Here are a few: Windmills before we even passed Manti, Utah.
I loved the contrast of the green foliage and the red rock.

Stuff like this makes me feel like Utah must have been underwater at some point...





Seeing the lines where they put dynamite in the rock has always been fascinating to me. This wall was probably at least 50 feet high--pretty cool.

And this was the last thing we took pictures of because it started to get dark, but I think it's called Wilson Rock. When we went around the bend, we could see tiny people crawling up it. It was bigger than I thought it was. There was no turn off to get the people, so sorry there's no perspective shot.





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures.
I thought I was going to get a beautiful Becky shot too? :)