Monday, March 14, 2011

Playing Catch-up Part 2

Scotty and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with our neighbor while Matt was away. The program going on was "Orchid Daze." So, there were tons of different kinds of orchids. I didn't bring my good camera, but I got a few good shots, I think. My camera's battery died by the time we got to the children's garden, so I don't have very many of Scott. Sorry!Matt and I have been meaning to go to the Georgia Aquarium since we moved here and we finally did a couple of weekends ago. We didn't bring the good camera on this excursion either, so here's a mix of shots from my little camera and Matt's iPhone. Going clockwise from the top left, there's a grouper, a yellow seahorse and coral, a hammerhead, Scott, some kind of big fish with a saw for a nose (I don't remember what it's called), some jellyfish, a whale shark, and Matt and Scotty looking through a dome window. The whale shark is the big attraction in the big tank. It's the biggest fish they have and it's in the biggest tank in the world. They have four whale sharks, measuring from 19 to 23 feet in length. They are expected to get up to 30 feet long. Pretty cool! We got an annual pass for me and an annual guest pass so Scotty and I will be going back, and we can get one adult in for free if you want to come! :)
p.s. You can click on the collages if you want to see them bigger.

1 comment:

Neal! said...

I've heard good things about the aquarium. It looks cool! I feel your pain on the camera battery too...the tops of St Louis and Seattle don't look as cool with a phone camera...